In the world of Toriko the ongoing age is a gourmet age. The world is run by the demand of gourmet ingredients after Acacia stopped the world war with the ingredient known as "God". However, the world of Toriko is vast and dangerous, so in order to get rare ingredients special hunters are requiered, these hunters are known as "bishokuya". Toriko is a bishokuya, one of the most famous of them all being part of the bishokuya's called "the four heavenly kings". Toriko is on a quest to complete his dreamed full course, but in this world filled with giant and powerful beasts he cant do it alone, thus he sets out with Komatsu and the others to fulfill his ambition. Eventually the ride goes on scales far grander than what anyone would of imagined.


Its standing as a verse has it as currently one of the strongest ongoing manga verse that are well known. Strongly influenced by One Piece and Dragon Ball, it is an incrediblly vast verse with very strong beings in it. In Toriko-verse the capture/danger level of a beast usually gives a fair aproximate of its power, lv. 1 beasts requiered a group of heavily armed men to be hunted down, a lv. 5 beast is so strong that a modified super tank might not suffice, a lv.50 beast is easily faster than sound and likely strong enough to destroy hills, beasts that are lvl. 80 and higher are at least hypersonic+ city busters. Outside of Human world beasts above level 100 can be found, a being simply in the lv. 140 being strong enough to effortlessly resist an assault from satellite lasers potent enough to raze 10,000,000 kilometers of land (roughly a bit more than all of Europe's surface). The scaling in the verse is exponential going by lvs, creatures in the mid hundreds lvl range being common in gourmet World, the part of the planet inhabited by the most dangerous beasts. Highest lv shown so far is lv. 6090 which belongs to the Battle Wolf, one of the eight kings who rule gourmet world. The speed currently is filled with beings ranging from sub-relativistic to faster than light speeds, and continent busters to toss around. The top tiers easily have planet+ strength and destructive capacity, and are extraordinarily humans in there body functions to boot.

Toriko earth is several times larger than our version of earth and only 30% of its habitated by humans, that part known as the "human world", the other 70% is inhabitable for normal humans as it is too dangerous. That 70% that is impossible for normal humans to live in is known as the "gourmet world" and holds the most dangerous beasts in the planet. Toriko verse just like One Piece, still has a lot of room to grow and will likely far surpass the stats already given for there top tiers.

Calcs, feats, etc.